http://devoted.to/Allah

As Salaamu-'Alaykum Wa-Ragmatullahie-Wa-Barakatuh
Ahlan Wa Sahlan

Site maintained by Shiraz Adam

Free Message Forum from Bravenet.com  Free Photo Albums from Bravenet.com  Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com  Free Tell A Friend from Bravenet.com 
Name:
Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa

Thursday, October 10, 2002

1. Ummul-Mu'mineen 'Aishah, Radi-Allahu anha, is reported to have said, "Once Rasulullah, Sallallahu alayhi wa sallam, performed the Salaah of the night (Tahajjud) and made a very long Sajdah until I feared that he had passed away. When I saw this, I rose (from my bed) and moved his thumb (to ascertain whether he is alive). The thumb moved, and I returned (to my place).

Then I heard him saying in Sajdah: 'I seek refuge in Your forgiveness from Your punishment, and I seek refuge in Your pleasure from Your annoyance, and I seek Your refuge from Yourself. I cannot praise You in the manner that You deserve. You are exactly as You have defined Yourself.'

Thereafter, when he raised his head from Sajdah and finished his salaah, he said to me: 'Aishah, did you think that the Prophet has betrayed you?' I said, 'No, O Prophet of Allah (sallallahu alayhi wa sallam), but I was afraid that your soul has been taken away because your Sajdah was very long.' He asked me, 'Do you know what night it is?' I said, 'Allah and His Messenger know best.' He said, 'This is the night of the half of Shábaan. Allah Ta’ala looks upon His slaves in this night and forgives those who seek forgiveness and bestows His mercy upon those who pray for mercy, but leaves those who have malice (against a Muslim) as they were before, (and does not forgive them unless they free themselves from malice).'"

Targheeb wat tarheeb(vol 2 pg.119)on the authority of Imam Bayhaqi (rah)

Commentary:Allah Ta' ala has, afforded His bondsmen certain selected opportunities whereby they may reap his infinite mercy and forgiveness. Some explicit examples of these occasions are the month of Ramadan and Laylatul Qadr.The night of the fifteenth of Shábaan is one such opportunity. Several Ahadith expound the tremendous merit of this occasion. Amongst them is the fact that countless people are forgiven by Allah Ta' ala during this blessed night. It is due to this reason that it is called "The Night of Bara'at" (i.e. the night wherein judgment of salvation from Jahannam (hell) is passed.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home